‘The Aristotelian Questions’ was published in Westerly (Issue 62.2).
‘These sixteen stories present characters who share much, yet are all unique. As if in a kaleidoscope, they continue to be revealed and reinterpreted in different lights and from different angles. Isabelle Li’s prose is powerful, exquisite and finely tuned, and each story draws us deeper into the complex emotional and cultural dilemmas of characters who are solitary, sensitive, perceptive… sometimes all at once.’
‘Isabelle Li’s stories surprise us with the secrets they reveal, the sensations they convey and the depth of feeling they release. Finely crafted, bittersweet, boldly coloured, they mark the arrival of an important presence in the creative flow between China and Australia.’
- Residency at Arteles, Finland.
- ‘Complex Sclerophyll’ was published in Colloquy (Issue 29).
- ‘A Chinese Affair’ was published in Something Special, Something Rare: Outstanding Short Stories by Australian Women (Black Inc, Melbourne, 2015).
- ‘Go Troppo’ was commended in the Ethel Webb Bundell Literary Awards 2014.
- ‘Two Tongues’ was published in UTS Writers’ Anthology 2014.
- ‘Red Saffron’ was highly commended in the Margaret River Short Story Competition and included in a collection coming out of the competition The Trouble with Flying.
- Recipient of Varuna Fellowship for 2014.
- ‘Narrative of Grief’ was published in The Sleepers Almanac No. 8 in 2013.
- ‘Lyrebird’ was published in The Sleepers Almanac No. 7 in 2011.
- ‘Blue Lotus’ was published in Cha: An Asian Literary Journal July 2011 (Issue 14). Read the full story
- ‘Pebbles and Flowers’ was published in UTS Writers’ Anthology 2009.
- ‘A Fishbone in the Throat’ was published by Southerly Volume 68 No. 3, and New Australian Stories, Scribe Publications. Read the full story
- ‘As Green As Blue’ was published in UTS Writers’ Anthology 2008 and Best Australian Stories 2008.
- ‘The Floating Fragrance’ was published in UTS Writers’ Anthology 2005.